legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello world  (Read 1587 times)

( Tchey )

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Hello world
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »

I guess we should have a "hello topic", so, here is one...

I'm following the game's developpement for a few months now, and with the new alpha release i feel the game is going "somewhere" nice. I only hope it won't be abandonned like the promising Grand Rogue Auto !

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
Re: Hello world
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 03:50:51 PM »

Hi (again :))

Thank you. And no it's not going to be discontinued, I invested way too much money and time in this project to cancel it. It's a bit late on schedule, like every piece of software ever made, but that has nothing to do with the game itself, development will reach 1.0 (and beyond).

The issue with GRA is that it was my first real game. I built plenty of software, but making a game is a different beast altogether. I made a lot of mistakes and the code became so needlessly complicated that it's extremely hard for me to decipher what half of it even means now. There's also structural issues that would need full time weeks of coding to just fix.

Comparatively speaking, even if the code in UG much larger (50k lines vs 20k or so), it is clean, modular, it follows modern standards used by the game industry, it's commented and changes are tracked so they can be rolled back if I screw anything up by accident. In other words, I learnt a lot :)

That said, once UG reach 1.0 status, I am likely to give GRA another go using large parts of the system i built for UG. It will be a rewrite more or less from scratch, but it will benefit from what I learnt in the meantime. It's likely to feature animations, multi-threading, larger cities and directX support. It may even be ported to Android and iPhones if I get enough donations to get the license I need to do so.

Cheers,
SK.
Anarkis Gaming

r0pp

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 04:51:38 AM »

Not much activity in here, but I thought I should say Hi as well, so: Hi!

I'm super duper excited about Unending Galaxy and have been following its development since November '14. Unfortunately, I'm stranded on foreign shores with nothing but a Mac currently, so the only thing I can do right now is regularly read your dev updates and get hyped. Man, I cannot wait to get back and play 1.0 once it's out (+ if that hypothetical DLC mentioned in the faq section ever becomes a reality, I will make sure to buy the hell out of it ;) ).

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Thanks for making this game and being awesome!

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 12:41:06 AM »

Thank you and welcome, it's nice too see new members.

1.0 is still a bit farther down the road though, but we're getting there  :D
Anarkis Gaming

Bad Behavior has blocked 240 access attempts in the last 7 days.