legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cost Modifiers - Stations and Ships  (Read 1348 times)

Squidcod

• Lieutenant
  • Profitssss
    • View Profile
    • Zed Or Alive
Cost Modifiers - Stations and Ships
« on: March 02, 2016, 03:03:51 AM »

I was thinking last night, it might be more interesting if the game was slowed down for the AI and the player on the production side.

Increasing the costs of Stations and Ships would make wars more brutal and costly and make expansion slower.  This would draw out the settling phase and make progression otherwise slower.

Of course this wouldn't be a cup of tea for everyone, so an adjustment slider is what I would consider.  Something like 50% for super fast, and x10 for much slower.

TheDeadlyShoe

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Cost Modifiers - Stations and Ships
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 09:04:25 PM »

would this be different than the pace modifier on game setup?

Squidcod

• Lieutenant
  • Profitssss
    • View Profile
    • Zed Or Alive
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:56:43 PM »

I believe pace is actually just the speed of ticks in the game.

So everything moves slower.

I now feel like I have to reread it.

Essentially the idea would be that all trade goods would remain the same price, ships blow up and travel at the same speed, projectiles move at the same speed, it just requires more money to buy stations and ships and more parts per ship.

Squidcod

• Lieutenant
  • Profitssss
    • View Profile
    • Zed Or Alive
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 02:18:10 AM »

Ok on rereading pacing...

So station/ship build times at x2 isn't HUGE, it could be good, but isn't world shaking.
It would definitely slow thing down a bit, but the big slowdown is generally money, this just means they need 2x as many station builders to counteract.
Dock builders only need to be built once, 2 minutes extra doesn't mean as much in the long game as you can reuse the dock builders making that 2 minute investment split between every station. 2x build speed would probably have greatest effect in contested zones where combat ships can interrupt construction, but otherwise not too impressive.

Money limiters means you need X times as much money production, which means to make money faster you need more money. (compounding the slow down)
The main concern I would have is whether or not this fouls up the AI horribly, or if it can manage.  It would probably make the settling down at the beginning of a new map a tiny bit more extended as factions try and fill gaps in their economy.

Squidcod

• Lieutenant
  • Profitssss
    • View Profile
    • Zed Or Alive
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 06:54:26 AM »

Also appears to increase trade good production time.
Probably does some strange things to the value of trading/mining.

Bad Behavior has blocked 39 access attempts in the last 7 days.