legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Economy+Expansion  (Read 1116 times)

TheDeadlyShoe

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Economy+Expansion
« on: February 26, 2016, 05:40:50 PM »

I haven't taken numbers or anything to be sure about it, but the economy seems troubled.  My interpretation is:

* The Faction AI paves the universe using cheap stations like Wheat Farms
* These stations drastically overload the (fixed) amount of energy cells available

leading to

* Galaxywide resource shortages - since the wormholes mean that the entire galactic economy is interconnected, and there's no such thing as a local shotage, and you need Ecells for everything.

Incidentally, I'm not a big fan of the interconnectivity - jump drives killed a lot of the interesting parts of the economy in the X-series, and Wormholes kill it here.  There's no local economies, the only economic restriction is not trading with someone you are at war with.    If I want to go buy the sweet Titan Corp ships, I don't need to go on a journey or anything - just pop through the wormhole.  I'd turn off the wormholes if I could.

Paul

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Economy+Expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 07:47:13 PM »

Agree on the gates. Having an option to turn them off would be nice.

That or make them link to specific other points in space instead of being instantly go anywhere. Factions could create links between their capital systems, and maybe put links from their main capital to the main capital of their allies.

Squidcod

• Lieutenant
  • Profitssss
    • View Profile
    • Zed Or Alive
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 07:59:07 PM »

Making NPCs more Xenophobic about their gates would probably go a long ways.
Players have a setting about who they let in (mine is locked to only me at all times) NPCs could do it too.

EDIT:
In-Fact tying the lock to the standing with a faction from missions or alliance might make for an interesting mechanic.
Do a lot of work to get trade rights and so on...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:03:11 PM by Squidcod »

MrSquash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 08:21:33 PM »

The NEO SPQR actually dont allow any non-SPQR faction ships in their territory before going to war with the Human Federation, if you do enter, their military attacks on sight, this might be a bit of a extreme example, I dont remember wether or not their jumpgates are still usable though

TheDeadlyShoe

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 05:48:12 AM »

They do let you through their jump gates, which is the weirdest thing about it! 

Bad Behavior has blocked 39 access attempts in the last 7 days.