legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intentional "Friendly" Turf Invasion?  (Read 784 times)

Squidcod

• Lieutenant
  • Profitssss
    • View Profile
    • Zed Or Alive
Intentional "Friendly" Turf Invasion?
« on: February 26, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »

So...

Does the AI intentionally build stations in my claimed sector to override control then build a military base or is that just incidental?

Furthermore, I have control of the "system" (by virtue of the planet control) but that doesn't seem to lend any points towards sector control.

Example: When I have one station and system control, the enemy built one station then gained control and built a military base.

I think the most irritating thing about this is they were at 90% relations and I had an alliance with them.  Each sector they invade is dropping my relation by 40...

I don't know if this is intentional behavior or not, but I gotta say it's pretty irritating. I'm losing half of a large system despite grabbing control before them, building up half way, and even trying to block their one station land grabs with one station in each sector. Some ally...

If anything it seems territorial control should probably prefer to remain with the original owner over the new single station. Which might prevent the AI from immediately building a military base to protect their "front line turf"

I'm about to write this game (as in new game, not as in steam purchase) off due to the fact that once the money runs out I'll be crushed by a superior force.

Step by Step for anyone looking for deets:

1. I move in, drop military bases on all the planets and a solar plant on the sun. (claims all sectors in system)
2. They move up to the next door system.
3. I give them a million spacebucks to be my ally and make the full deal, non aggression, and alliance
4. I start building up a planet.
5. Look back and see two systems converted, the entrance sector and the sun.
6. Go to sun to blitz with mines/ plants.
7. they build a military base before I can respond, 8 stations thwarted by 2.
8, I start dropping one off stations to try and block losing turf.
9. They laugh, and start building in sequence, station then military base
10. they repeat until 4 sectors are lost
11. I go to forums and Q.Q

Expected Next Steps:
1. 7 minutes on alliance ends
2. They invade
3. Repeat as necessary
4. GG

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
Re: Intentional "Friendly" Turf Invasion?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 12:27:46 PM »

Hi,

I may have 'slightly' overlooked that 'small' problem (at least from a coding perspective). I will get that fixed for next patch (today or tomorrow). Thanks for the report, it was amusing to read, which is a nice change of pace from the usual crash bug report.

Cheers,
EsKa.
Anarkis Gaming

Squidcod

• Lieutenant
  • Profitssss
    • View Profile
    • Zed Or Alive
Re: Intentional "Friendly" Turf Invasion?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 05:17:44 PM »

Oh, I comprehend that, possibly as easy as a > instead of >= for zone control....

ANYHOW, thanks, yeah I like to have fun writing issues, I do it enough that I learned being sterile is boring and take every op to post new and interesting things.  That said I'm sure a dump or two has been sent over the interwebs from my client.

Given I'm playing the Trader path and trying to rush systems I might start to see some weird behaviors from late expansion and I'll try and keep you appraised, just about any other scenario is pretty boring sounding to me.  I'm an X4 refugee looking for the next thing and this one is looking pretty good at least for now.

Bad Behavior has blocked 231 access attempts in the last 7 days.