legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ai Core faction suggestions  (Read 1393 times)

Fireball14

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Universinet.org
Ai Core faction suggestions
« on: February 23, 2016, 11:14:44 PM »

1) Need "other" type structure for taking control over tunnels. Right now I can't build anything non-military in those sectors. A good idea would be cheap data transmitter station that gives +10 to supply and +100 creds/min.
2) Core ships need to be a little faster because they don't have any long-range weapons.
3) Every game that I played as AI core, if I did not allow pirate trade, I was very short on money. Is this intended? Maybe add some way to generate pure income?
4) My core faction doesn't upgrade tech as AI does. This seems a little unfair.

RaitzuViMate

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Ai Core faction suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:03:07 PM »

I guess AI core faction is bit independent from other factions, after all its in permanent war with other factions, so it should't be possible to sell or buy wares, pirate clan seems to be exception, but I'm sure that it wasn't meant to be. As AI core faction you should be producting your own wares/supplies and use them to expand your faction and fleet. As building stations/ships doesn't cost any money, only wares. In otherwords, Ai faction doesn't care about currency or should't be using it.

Fireball14

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Universinet.org
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 04:03:42 PM »

I guess AI core faction is bit independent from other factions, after all its in permanent war with other factions, so it should't be possible to sell or buy wares, pirate clan seems to be exception, but I'm sure that it wasn't meant to be. As AI core faction you should be producting your own wares/supplies and use them to expand your faction and fleet. As building stations/ships doesn't cost any money, only wares. In otherwords, Ai faction doesn't care about currency or should't be using it.
But in reality, you need a lot of money to build all those military bases, shipyards and colonies. Yes, it's true, AI Core can build lots of ships very fast, but they lack an economy to back them up. :(

RaitzuViMate

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »

Yeah its weird that machine race even needs a economy, isn't these machines simply obeying mechanical hivemind? or a protocol. (Sent signals to colony to product more metal, sent signal transport ship to bring it to shipyard, build more warships.. Profit?) No actual currency needed, otherwise than electrity.

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 02:08:11 AM »

Actually, the AI Core as a AI faction builds docks for free. However, when you play as the AI core, you're just use their tech group, the "free building" flag is tied to the faction itself, not to the tech group. I could probably change that, but it implies i change the data files, causing incompatibilities with existing save-games and mods, which isn't ideal either.

Another problem with AI Core (controlled by CPU) : colonization / expansion mechanism doesn't work very well when it doesn't have economic buildings to build. I may remedy to that problem by using a fake factory that doesn't use or produce anything useful but which is full of guns lasers. That would also beef up the faction a bit when it's defending a sector, which is its main weakness, AI Core can take sectors alright, but keeping them when at war with the whole galaxy is very difficult for them.
Anarkis Gaming

Paul

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 04:08:31 AM »

Could you set it up so that some stations can be built using ship parts? That's something that is already in the data files, albeit without currently being used.

If you made it so that Core stations were built using ship parts instead of money that would correct the issue there. Then you could just tweak the ship part production of the Core to make them have enough for stations in addition to ships.

Would have the added benefit of making it useful to destroy AI core stations too. As it stands, killing their ships weakens them - killing their stations just means they get rebuilt within a few minutes with very little lost.

TheDeadlyShoe

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 08:25:44 PM »

I like the idea of a structure tied to their supplies;  a Processor or something that gives them more computing power. 

They're on the cloud, bro!

Bad Behavior has blocked 231 access attempts in the last 7 days.