legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug Reports and Tutorial Suggestions 2/12/2016  (Read 840 times)

Kane Hart

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Bug Reports and Tutorial Suggestions 2/12/2016
« on: February 13, 2016, 03:47:42 AM »

Game Version: 1.2 (Steam)
Windows 10 64 / 4770K / 32 Gigs Ram / 780TI
1920x1080 60hz / Full Screen / Max Settings Including Bloom etc - Settings Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/G2dAIP2.png

Hello I just want to thank you so much for making a wonderful game. I so far made a little First Look video of pretty much an inexperienced 30 minutes of the game but I cheated and played around before since I was having a blast.

I ran into some issues and even one crash during my play. I thought I share them with you not that most of them are serious issues but I thought from a perspective of a 100% fresh player you might like to hear it before the steam launch.

Real Bugs:
- Space Bar seem to never target hostels (2 from the tutorial) I could never hit them with my weapons and was quite confused.
- Full out Crash the error window the popup was blank with 0 debug info. I accidentally shot the peaceful faction: https://youtu.be/wOgTa-zLoag?t=735
- I'm calling this one a bug but the main menu sends no Frame draws when nothing is going on. The issue is that many Streamers / Youtubers are going to have black screens till they move their mouse over the menu's. I suggest not stopping frames being sent to the client and just cap at 60fps while in the main screen.

Suggestions:
- Tutorial messages at times can be a bit harder to read from the transparent background.
- When buying a ship the beep sounded too default and so I thought I never clicked buy or it did not work and ended up buying 2nd ship till I figured that tiny beep was buying something though it sounds like a common sound you hear in most games when navigating over UI elements.
- When your ships undock with you. It took me a couple to figure out where my ship was due to the fact they were on top the station blended in. Not sure if we could give them more of a glow or maybe when they undock their deployed around the stations more then directly on top.
- When it talks about Jumping and I might of missed this but it might be a good idea to tell them that you can only jump on the green spots. I don't recall it telling me but I could figure it out decently fast.
- When you go into combat it talks about targeting for things like missiles. But it seem like none my weapons would do any damage to hostels. I assume this is by design and so maybe change the tutorial saying you must target them to hit them. I think it sounded more passive for only things to lock on like missiles.
- When it comes time to build a Station it asks you to get a Dock Builder. It's a bit confusing as a new player we don't know what a Dock Builder is but I went down the list and found out it was the Malamute. Maybe On lists for now on it can have in Brackets on the list Malanmute - (Human Dock Builder)
- When it comes to building your station and once you do build it you give some vital info about transferring funds around after it has been placed. It's important to maybe let the user know a head of time about theses funds so they can move it around sooner to buy a Station Builder but also when comes time to use funds to build the station.

I thought it was important to report this info since you might want feedback to help you out for the launch maybe less headaches. It's an amazing thing you have I thought this was just going be another maybe small mini spotlight or series but I for one am going be making a lot of videos overtime. It's a wonderful game and I can't wait for what is in stores for the future.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:51:07 AM by Kane Hart »

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
Re: Bug Reports and Tutorial Suggestions 2/12/2016
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 05:20:03 AM »

Thank you for the bug report and suggestions.

About the tutorial :

Problem with the combat part of the tutorial is that the enemy ships are neutral to you until you attack and hit them. the space bar works correctly. Also, by default, your bullets will go through what's not hostile and not selected (except asteroids). You can change friendly fire and targeting in the ship's settings. I'll set the 2 pirate ships to hostile. 

The tutorial messages are getting proof-read (for instance, text about dock builder is more specific now and names the ship).

Achievements will be added post release due to poor timing  :)  it'll be helpful to present useful information at the right moment. Meanwhile, a more in-depth documentation is on the wiki.

The crash on death is odd. I'll check it out. There's a debug log, it's just not enabled by default.

About the frames, the menu system works that way, can't do much about it. I don't remember having problems recording my videos. Don't know about streaming.

In general text/menus are getting a color makeover, you can also toggle menu transparency in the settings. A lot of text has been sanitized. The "buy ship" sound is a place holder :)

game build will get updated again tomorrow with all/some of the changes I mentioned :)

Anarkis Gaming

Kane Hart

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Reports and Tutorial Suggestions 2/12/2016
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 05:23:36 AM »

Thanks friend :)

I will wait till the next build and just slowly play around and learn then before starting the Series.

Bad Behavior has blocked 39 access attempts in the last 7 days.