legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: basic 1.1.0.5 Pirates Sector unconquerable  (Read 1317 times)

Schadenfroh

• Pilot
    • View Profile
basic 1.1.0.5 Pirates Sector unconquerable
« on: November 28, 2015, 02:29:18 PM »

After killing a pirate capital with a warpgate, the sector remains a sector belonging to pirates, whatever i do.
I've build a shipyard as well as a military base.
I expected to claim the sector and the warpgate by that, which didn't happen.
Then, i destroyed anything left there. Nothing. And the pirate keeps sending dock builders there which get destroyed immediately. As already reported by somebody else, the empire manager (F1) also doesnt help because it says "not at war" when trying to attack the sector.

I didnt tried that on a pirate sector without a warpgate yet, because i ran out of funds, but it worked on a hive sector, finally ceasing those swarm queen attacks.

Edit: Tried that. Didn't work either.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 03:43:33 PM by Schadenfroh »

sordahon

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: basic 1.1.0.5 Pirates Sector unconquerable
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 08:23:54 PM »

You can't claim pirate sectors.

Schadenfroh

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 02:44:57 PM »

Well, then there should definetely be an option to allow that imho.

Turnus

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:36:57 PM »

Yeah i've seen some juicy pirate sectors that just beg me to conquer them.

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 11:00:27 PM »

While the odd pirate star system should probably become claimable, nebulae clouds (large blobs of sectors with uniform nebulae color scheme) and "hidden" lone pirate sectors that are next to a lane or solar system won't be made conquerable at all. They are an inherent part of the gameplay as they serve as a backdoor for invasion, as a natural border, and as a location for additional resources and hiding/spawning spot for pirates and other event triggered stuff.

This is also a fairly massive change. Sure i could toggle it on/off directly, but that wouldn't work well / at all. For performances reason, maps would need to be made much smaller if the pirate sectors could be claimed by other factions (the bigger the territory of a faction the more CPU it needs while pirates are very cpu friendly). It would also require the pirate to be able to defend themselves against proper military, which is beside their scope, and to be put back into the diplomatic game, which would, in turn, conflict to some point with individual pirate bases decision making. This ship has sailed in v0.8.5 anyway, and it was generally considered a good decision.

Also, while those sectors may not be yours, you still can build factories and stations there after razing theirs. Yes, it will likely trigger more conflicts with pirates, except if you pay tribute to the guild, but that's pretty much the point.

Cheers,
EsKa.

Anarkis Gaming

TheDeadlyShoe

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 05:44:42 PM »

Hello - Could this be more explicit?  It's not clear at all ingame the Pirate star systems etc. are unclaimable

Maybe if all sectors outside solar systems were inherently unclaimable this would be more consistent?

Bad Behavior has blocked 39 access attempts in the last 7 days.