legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding your fleet easily on Map / Issuing orders there  (Read 844 times)

Schadenfroh

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Finding your fleet easily on Map / Issuing orders there
« on: November 27, 2015, 02:10:57 PM »

Hello,

when i start up, i build a lot of roaming transporters. When i decide where to send them, i also use the map to quickly see, where i have already placed some. Problem here: If sectors contain nothing but a single transport, the green background on a sector which is used to indicate where my ships are, is barely visible.

Yes, a transporter might be the tiniest entity possible, but still it would be very nice if there was a way to mark the location of single ships on a map.

My suggestion is:
1.) Add another button beside "Show where my assets are", which fully greens out any sector with any troop inside it at all.

2.) The tooltip displayed when you hover over a place on map still has some space in the middle. I would recommend displaying the first 3 or 5 ship names of yourself to the left side, filled up by allied ship names, and on the right side, show enemies present, if the sector is scouted/visible.
2.1) If player clicks on this sector with the left mouse, anything should be selected, and with a right click to another sector, anything gets the order to move there. This way, fleet management would become sooo much easier.
Currently, this is mapped to zoom into sector, but if you could think of some way to differentiate between zooming in or selecting all in sector, this would be a great addition to the early-midgame.

Thanks for making a great game!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 02:26:58 PM by Schadenfroh »

whitefoux

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Finding your fleet easily on Map / Issuing orders there
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »

Maybe designate a middle mouse button to select all instead? I like the click to zoom in ... Like the other ideas.

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
Re: Finding your fleet easily on Map / Issuing orders there
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 11:41:37 PM »

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion, it's pretty good, and while I may not include it exactly "as is" that is definitively something I will use.

For instance, instead of (or in addition to) using the popup which isn't interactive, I could use the sector info panel and it's "trade network" (should be renamed) part to display such a list, using it as a sector based asset list, allowing for multi-selection / editing and such directly from the global map.

As for selection, changing the left click behavior from "move in" to "select all" is a bit more problematic, especially as we already have a key-bind for select all (and select military only), problem is that it doesn't work on the galactic map (yet).

Cheers,
EsKa.

Anarkis Gaming

Bad Behavior has blocked 39 access attempts in the last 7 days.