legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions/suggestions for the dev/Eska  (Read 1321 times)

Chaplinchap

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Questions/suggestions for the dev/Eska
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:33:22 PM »

Hi

I have 2 questions.

1: How do I put a "rank" limit on weapons? I have noticed some weapons I am "too low rank" but I do not see this option when modding weapons?
It would be nice to know how, if possible?, to put a rank on some weapons so that they cant be brought too early or right from start. :) ?

2: I have noticed that I can switch shields/armor and weapons on my spaceships... but my question then is why cant I upgrade speed/engine or cargo space? I get that it would be foolish to be able to have 3000 cargo on a small ship thats supposed to only have around 200-250 but it would be nice if you could get that cargo space up til maybe 400 ? - Just a suggestion that i thought could be nice. Since to me, the more I can "customize" my ship the more freedom I have, which makes it more fun.  Because then I would have to decide wether I want, say, more speed or more cargo for example but I can't have one without it "limits"/cost the other stat. Hope you get what I am trying to say. :) - Is this a feature/thing you would consider adding?

- Chaplin
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:41:54 PM by Chaplinchap »

Chaplinchap

• Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Questions/suggestions for the dev/Eska
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:52:09 PM »

Forgot one/some questions actually ! :D

I don't seem to understand how/what Shipparts and stationsparts do exactly.
Since when I am modding all the factories have the opt to set how many STATIONSparts it takes to build...
But when i start out with ex. Lost fleet, I can see under the empire tab that I have 100 SHIPparts (if i remember correct) but I can't seem to see how many stationsparts I have?
But all the factories (at least from what I can see in modding) requires station parts and not ship parts to build?. So how can I be able to build ALL the factories as long as I have money for it?  -   And for some reason ( Maybe I haven't played long enough to figure it out) I can't build military base or shipyard EVEN though the planet/sector have room for 1 shipyard and I have enough money in building budget/balance. Could really use an explaination on this "problem"?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:47:35 PM by Chaplinchap »

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »

Hi,

1: How do I put a "rank" limit on weapons? I have noticed some weapons I am "too low rank" but I do not see this option when modding weapons?
It would be nice to know how, if possible?, to put a rank on some weapons so that they cant be brought too early or right from start. :) ?

At the moment it's not possible to manually set a rank for weapons. Currently, the game automatically uses the weapon (or shield) slot size (S..XL) to determine its rank if this weapon is unique to a tech tree. This is something i can change / add fairly easily, so I'll add that to the to-do list :)

[...]Since to me, the more I can "customize" my ship the more freedom I have, which makes it more fun.  Because then I would have to decide wether I want, say, more speed or more cargo for example but I can't have one without it "limits"/cost the other stat. Hope you get what I am trying to say. :) - Is this a feature/thing you would consider adding?

It has been asked a few times before. Fact is that I am really not a fan of highly customizable ships as a concept, they negate the need for ship types and make balancing difficult. Another problem is that the game hasn't been coded to support this feature at all. It's even saving a *lot* of memory and some processing power by specifically having all the ships of the same type sharing the same data/stats.

As a result, it is a too big and hazardous code rewrite to be considered acceptable.

I don't seem to understand how/what Shipparts and stationsparts do exactly.
Since when I am modding all the factories have the opt to set how many STATIONSparts it takes to build...

Station parts are a placeholder. They aren't used in-game (yet? ever?). Docks are built with money exclusively. And ship parts are build by the related factory and are used by shipyards to build ships at the empire level.

And for some reason ( Maybe I haven't played long enough to figure it out) I can't build military base or shipyard EVEN though the planet/sector have room for 1 shipyard and I have enough money in building budget/balance. Could really use an explaination on this "problem"?

Building budget is for civilian structures (factories, trading stations). Military budget is for military structures (shipyards, military bases, future defense platforms)

http://wiki.anarkisgaming.com/ug:empire_manager

Cheers,
EsKa
Anarkis Gaming

Chaplinchap

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:55:18 PM »

Hi EsKa

Thanks for the respond on everything.
It really helped getting the ship/station parts explained :).

About the "customizable" ships I do see/understand that it would limit the need for different ship types, but if this (some day) gets "possible" (if it's not too time consuming in terms of coding), having the option to "pick"/choose MAXIMUM ONE engine for each ship, would be great! - So that each ship/ship type have a "standard" speed, energy output, etc. but if you choose to (don't have to, at least that's my idea) pick/buy an engine - Depending on what engine you pick of course my idea was/is, that ex. I get more max speed or acceleration but have less cargo space or less Hull strength. Maybe you could even make it so there was no separate "engine" slot but so that you could choose to have an engine instead of an extra shield for example, so the engine took up a "shield" slot. So I would have to "sacrifice" Shield/hull strength/cargo, to get that extra max speed.
Hope this clarify a bit more what i ment on "customizable" ships.
Just like you said I do understand "fully" customizable ships would limit the need for various type of ships. - This is not something that I really WANT but I do think it would be awesome and again - if possible in terms of time and coding I hope you would consider this in the furture. :)

Once again thank you for the response. It's always nice with a Dev(s) that takes the time to respond to players.
Keep up the fantastic work on this gem of a game :).

- Chaplin
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:03:00 PM by Chaplinchap »

Chaplinchap

• Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 11:23:51 PM »

One more thing i forgot btw. ;D

When I am in free camera mode it would be GREAT if i could just double click on a factory to enter its "overview" (as empire and it's your own factory ofc).
Instead of having to open empire menu and find that specific factory or shipyard under assets. Even though i can toggle so it only shows factories it would be lot faster and easier if I had the option to just double click on the factory (when in free camera mode). Hope this is something that is possible and not to hard/time-consuming in terms of coding.

- Chaplin
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 11:51:06 PM by Chaplinchap »

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 11:47:00 PM »

When I am in free camera mode it would be GREAT if i could just double click on a factory to enter its "overview" (as empire and it's your own factory ofc). Instead of having to open empire menu and find that specific factory or shipyard under assets. Even though i can toggle so it only shows factories it would be lot faster and easier if I had the option to just double click on the factory (when in free camera mode). Hope this is something that is possible and not to hard/time-consuming in terms of coding.

You seem to go the long way around to setup your stations, you can select the station and press Q or E. That being said, yes, I will add the double click on a dock to show info/setup/comm dialog depending on the condition.

Cheers,
EsKa.
Anarkis Gaming

Bad Behavior has blocked 39 access attempts in the last 7 days.