legit

Anarkis Gaming Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Galaxy map popup for Missions OR distance shown  (Read 1006 times)

joeyeti

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Galaxy map popup for Missions OR distance shown
« on: July 13, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »

It would be cool if during checking the Missions for instance (or Bounty offers) you could somehow activate a mini-version of the Galaxy Map to be able to see where you are at and where the target of the Mission/Bounty run is. Currently you have to activate the Galaxy Map and the original window is of course closed (I think), so there is some unnecessary clicking. Or I am unaware of the most effective way to do this :)

OR, at least if one could have something like "15 sectors away" at the end of the Mission/Bounty description.

You know, just to know your distances :)

EsKa

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Anarkis Gaming
Re: Galaxy map popup for Missions OR distance shown
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:07:05 PM »

Hmm, I'll have to think about it.

Galaxy map overlay is a bit problematic to fit into the menu. Distance indication can be meaningless as most targets have a tendency to move all over the map. Even if I add the information, the targeted ship may very well use a gate or jump and be on the opposite side of the galaxy a few seconds later. That's one of the issues with missions that don't spawn stuff for you to kill, no way of predicting what the target is going to do.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:10:29 PM by EsKa »
Anarkis Gaming

joeyeti

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy map popup for Missions OR distance shown
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 10:01:42 PM »

Yeah, moving targets can screw that... maybe an idea will spark about that.

Bad Behavior has blocked 39 access attempts in the last 7 days.